Health and Safety Protocols for the 2022-2023 Season
Coro Allegro, Boston’s LGBTQ+ and allied classical chorus, is committed to the health and safety of our audience members, singers, musicians, and staff. Our board of directors voted to join the ArtsBoston consortion of GREATER BOSTON ARTS AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATIONS PRIORITIZING SAFER EXPERIENCES, who have seated thousands of audience members safely by adhering to protocols. We appreciate the help of our community in making the joy of live performances viable again and as safe as possible. It is estimated that 98% of Boston-area arts and culture audiences had been fully vaccinated since the end of September, 2021. (WolfBrown Report).
We commit to being transparent about our policies and protocols and doing our best to keep you informed of any changes. The following policies cover Coro Allegro’s live programs in the 2022-2023 Season, our Sunday November 6, 2022 concert, Letters to Our Children: Voices across Generations for LGBTQ+ Youth at Old South Church, Boston, our Sunday, March 12, 2023 concert, Fanfares at the Church of the Covenant, Boston, and our Sunday, May 7, 2023 concert, The White Raven: Music for Troubled Times at Sanders Theatre, Cambridge. We look forward to seeing you there!
- We will follow all CDC and City of Boston guidelines at a minimum.
- All performers, staff and volunteers will be vaccinated. All staff and volunteers in contact with the public will be masked.
- For audiences, we will be following the COVID protocols implemented by many other performing arts spaces and theaters in the Greater Boston area.
- Audience members will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative test result, either a PCR test taken within 72 hours or an rapid antigen test taken within the last 12 hours before entering the hall.
- Note that the recommended minimum age for Letters to Our Children is 10 and for Fanfares and the White Raven is 6, but in principle, proof of a negative test will be accepted for children under age 5.
- Proof includes vaccination card, photos of same, digital records, test results, or date-stamped photos of home tests.
- Audiences will be required to wear a snug fitted mask in the venue, except when patrons are actively drinking.
- Please see our venue pages for information about ventilation and filtration.
- Coro Allegro Refund Policy: To accommodate audience concerns and need for flexibility under changing circumstances, Coro Allegro will offer the chance to exchange tickets for a video broadcast should one be available or for a future performance, or to convert tickets to donations, up to 24 hours before any performance.
- Contactless ticketing: Our new ticketing system allows for digital tickets which can be scanned at the door. Print at home and paper will-call tickets are also available.