Join our team! Coro Allegro, Boston's LGBTQ+ and allied classical chorus, seeks candidates committed to creating an affirming space for people of all sexualities, gender identities and expressions, races, religions, and abilities.
About Coro Allegro:
Coro Allegro is proud to be Boston's award-winning LGBTQ+ and allied classical chorus. Founded in 1990, under the leadership of Artistic Director David Hodgkins, Coro Allegro is known for award-winning programming, highly acclaimed performances, and recordings of works by an inclusive range of classical and contemporary composers. Through our performances, collaborations, and community partnerships, Coro Allegro strengthens community, builds bridges, and enriches lives in the Greater Boston area and beyond.
Coro Allegro is committed to:
- Building bridges between disparate communities through extraordinary music;
- Providing access to choral music to broad audiences;
- Commissioning, performing and recording works by under represented composers;
- Serving as a model LGBTQ+ organization through artistic excellence and visibility.
- Offering a welcoming, affirming and supportive environment for performers and audiences alike of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, races, religions, and ethnicities.
Coro Allegro is the recipient of the 2021 Choral Arts New England Board Award for exemplifying principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion through their Amplifying Black Voices series, and of the 2019 Chorus America Adventurous Programming Award.